Having a wedding in the winter months in most of the country is a risky choice, unless your wedding is in Florida that is. The weather in January through April here is absolutely gorgeous minus the humidity of the summer months. Finding ideas for winter weddings can be a little more challenging. Use this Disney “Frozen” styled shoot for your inspiration as you plan your winter wedding. Everything from the gowns to the table settings is inspired by the time period and characters from this popular film. If you’re a Disney fan, you’ll love these ideas for winter weddings!
Using the historic venue, The Capen House, in Winter Park as the backdrop for this styled shoot, with a soft color palette of cool winter blues, the decor and florals created an amazingly unique and elegant Orlando wedding reception. Note that the florals were silk. I always thought fresh flowers were the only way to go, but after seeing how stunning these arrangements were, I think silk bouquets do not get enough credit. Check them out here.
Can we talk about gowns? Oh my gosh. These gowns are incredible! The dress with the cape, provided by The Dressing Room in Celebration is beautiful and would look amazing on several different body types. The other dresses, bridesmaids and tuxedos were equally beautiful. Don’t hesitate to think outside the box and put the guys in soft colors.
A secondary color palette of cranberry and wintergreen was also used. The gown and florals in this group were equally over-the-top amazing!
What about your winter wedding table decor? If you like unique and different designs, you will love the creativity here. These place settings will make even the smallest of wedding reception venues become spectacular and something your guests will be in awe of. I love the idea of clear chairs and the see through head table that is filled with the cool blue florals and silver.
Last but not least, you have to have amazing desserts! These treats are so cute and delicious! Check out the pizza cakes. And if you prefer non-traditional wedding cakes, these creative cake designs really add that special something.
Ideas for Winter Weddings Summary:
- Don’t overlook the possibility of using silk floral arrangements. They do not get enough credit.
- A wedding dress with a cape will look great on many body types.
- Think outside the box and put the guys in soft pastel blues.
- Use clear acrylic chairs and head table filled with blue and silver flowers
- Pizza cakes! Enough said.
- Use silver trees with clear snowflake stands to decorate your dessert table
- Get the ice crystal cake. You won’t regret it.
Full vendor list:
- IG: @capenhouse -Creative Directors/Concept/planning:
- IG: @pineandpetalweddings
- IG:@terrieimages -Day Of Coordinating/Event Planner:@amandaloweevents
- Florist: IG: @pineandpetalweddings
- Hair & Makeup: IG: @bellabyyanice
- Models: Rebecca Hoffman : IG: @rebhoff29 Jamie Thompson : IG: @jamie.thomp Becca Carrigan: IG @beccacarrigan Hannah Beckham: IG @hannahbeckham Abigail Ouellette: IG @abby_kadabbie96 Hunter: IG@huntercprince Colton:IG @colton_rustenberghe Rylan: IG: @king_hines123
- Bridal Gown/vei/accessories/cape- @thedressingroom_celebration
- Bridesmaid Gowns + Menswear: @allbrides2be
- Chargers/flatware/Glasses – IG: @tableoflove
- Linen/Table/Chairs: Any Event Linen and Chair Rental (Silver Chavari Chair with silver linen covered sweetheart table ) – @anyeventlc
- Acrylic Sweetheart Table w/pillars /dessert cart and decor IG:@rebeccasrentals
- Serpentine Table, Acrylic Chairs, Oval Chairs- Tierra IG: @tieraexquisite
- Stationary: Ching, IG: @thepapercreation
- Calligraphy Place Settings: IG:@lovegrace_calligraphy
- Custom Chocolate: IG: @myfavoritesweetsfavors IG:@flatlaysweets
- All Cakes: IG:@letthemeatcake
- Sweets: IG: @violesunderthesweets
- Hand Cast Pewters- IG: @houseofmorganpeweter
- Engaged Banner- IG:@loveandthreadsstudio
- Bowtie on flat lay- IG:@hooperandluxe
- Triangle Ring Box (Blue) -IG: @thevelvetgardenringbox
- Curated Styling Items- IG: @terrieimagesshop
- Orlando Weddings
- New Wedding Venue in Orlando
- Five Questions You Must Ask Before Booking Your Wedding Venue