The next time you have to host a birthday party or graduation party, make it a number one priority to hire a photographer to shoot pictures at your party. You will be glad you did. I’m seriously not saying that because I am a professional photographer. I am saying it because it’s true. I’ve photographed enough parties to realize that my being there to shoot all of the necessary pictures, and more, makes the host much more relaxed and able to enjoy the party.
This reality was seen once again recently when I was hired to shoot Logan’s high school home graduation party and his official graduation “after party” outside the Dr. Phillips Center. Logan had several family members that were coming from out of state and his stepmom wanted to be able to visit with everyone without the stress of having to take pictures too. We briefly discussed the shots she definitely wanted, but as I wondered around, I was able to catch fun and spontaneous moments that she, or honestly, I could never have planned to get.
These are the types of different shots that a photographer can take for you at your party:
- Detailed pictures of your party favors
- Real expressions of you and your guests
- Action shots
- Formal group pictures posed correctly (and you ARE in them!)
- Extended family group pictures
- Cool angles that you’re too busy running around to notice
- Moments that evoke emotion
- Moments where you’re not there to actually see
If you’re interested in hiring me for your upcoming birthday, graduation, or any other party, feel free to email me.